Valery V. Kovalevsky
Лаборатория геофизической информатики
Deputy Director of Research
- 1970-1975: student of Novosibirsk State University; Department of Physics, specialties: physics, applied mathematics.
- 1971-1976: senior laboratory assistant, senior engineer of the Specialized Design Bureau of Hydro-Pulse Equipment, Siberian Branch, USSR Academy of Sciences;
- 1976-1986: senior engineer, junior researcher of the Institute of Hydrodynamics, Siberian Branch, USSR Academy of Sciences;
- 1986-2001: senior researcher, laboratory head, leading researcher, Computing Center, Siberian Branch, USSR Academy of Sciences (now: Institute of Computational Mathematics and Mathematical Geophysics SB RAS);
- 2002-2009: Academic Secretary of the Institute of Computational Mathematics and Mathematical Geophysics SB RAS;
- 2009 – present: Deputy Director of Research, laboratory head at the Institute of Computational Mathematics and Mathematical Geophysics SB RAS.
Fields of research:
- Active seismology with powerful vibrational sources;
- Mathematical simulation in geophysics;
- Experimental vibroseismic investigations, data processing.
Member of the Dissertation Council, ICM&MG SB RAS.
- mathematical simulation in geophysics;
- geophysics, active seismology, seismic vibrational sources;
- vibroseismic investigations, vibrational deep seismic sounding, monitoring;
- processing of geophysical measurements, interpretation of data.