Mikhail A. Marchenko
Deputy Director of Research
- Mechanics and Mathematics Department of the Novosibirsk State University, mathematics and applied mathematics (1996);
- PhD in Physics and Mathematics (2002);
- Doctor of Science in Physics and Mathematics (2017).
- Professor RAS (2018).
- Senior Researcher (2009);
- Academic secretary (2009-2017);
- Head of the Laboratory of Numerical Analysis of Stochastic Differential Equations (since 2017);
- Deputy Director of Research (since 2018);
- Principal Researcher (since 2018);
- Acting Head of the Laboratory of Numerical Analysis of Stochastic Differential Equations (since 2018).
- Associate Professor, Department of Computational Mathematics of the Novosibirsk State University.
Scientific and teaching activities abroad:
- Cambridge University, UK, researcher (2003-2004);
- Weierstrass Institute for Applied Analysis and Stochastics, Berlin, Germany, researcher (2005);
- University of Pisa, Italy, researcher (2006, 2007).
Professor of Physics and Mathematics
- Numerical solving of linear and nonlinear kinetic equations by the method of numerical statistical simulation;
- Parallel and distributed calculations;
- Parallel generators of pseudorandom numbers;
- Standard applied software packages of numerical statistical simulation.
For developments in the field of distributed numerical statistical simulation, go to http://osmf.sscc.ru/~mam/index_rus.html (personal webpage).
Scientific achievements (prizes, awards, grants):
Russian Federation President Grant to Support Young Scientists – Candidates of Science no. 587.2008.1 (head);
INTAS grant no. 05-109-5267 (head);
RFBR grant no. 06-01-00586 (head);
RFBR grant no. 09-01-00639 (head);
RFBR grant no. 12-01-00727 (head);
RFBR grant no. 15-01-08988 (head);
RFBR grant no. 18-01-00599 (head).